For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.
As we are confined indoors, we are currently rethinking the way we work and how we reach you. Please read the AR’s message to its readers.
• Subscriptions helpdesk
+44 (0)1604 828705 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm GMT)
EMAP Publishing Ltd, 3 Queensbridge, The Lakes, Northampton, NN4 7BF, UK
• Corporate subscriptions
+44 (0)20 3953 2000 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm GMT)
• Customer services
+44 (0)20 3953 2000 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm GMT)
• How do I sign up to receive newsletters in my inbox?
Please first to the website, and then go to My Account > Newsletters. This will show you a full list of AR editorial newsletters you can choose to receive – simply tick the ones you are interested in and click ‘submit’.
• How do I become a subscriber?
Subscription information can be found on . You can subscribe directly through our website by credit or debit card, or by Direct Debit. You can also contact us on +44 (0)1604 828705.
• Can I order a subscription for delivery to an address outside the UK?
Yes. Since the magazine is dispatched from the UK, the subscription price is slightly higher to cover additional delivery costs.
• When will my first issue arrive?
Your subscription will automatically start with the next issue of the AR, but you can ask for it to be the current issue instead. Your order acknowledgement email will confirm details of the first issue you will be sent – this is normally within 14 days of placing your order. Please be patient as there may be some postal delays locally and internationally in recent view of Covid-19.
• How much is a subscription?
The latest price offers can be found on our subscription page, including student discounts. Any discount displayed is the saving off the cover price. Please note that if you are subscribing from outside the UK and you choose to pay by credit card, your payment will be processed in pound sterling (GBP).
• My company needs an invoice to pay for the subscription. How can I get one?
We can arrange to send you an invoice. Please contact our customer service team by email or call +44 (0)20 3953 2000.
• Can I pay in a currency other than pound sterling?
We accept cheque payments in most currencies. If paying by credit card, your payment will be processed in pound sterling (GBP) at a recent rate of exchange - which may therefore be different to the published price. Please contact for other payment queries.
• Can I order more than one subscription?
Yes, we offer discounted prices for corporate subscriptions. For practices, universities and other organisations, this will give all your staff / students / members full access to the AR. Please contact the corporate subscriptions desk for further details by emailing or calling + 44 (0)20 3953 2000.
• I am seeking permission to reproduce content from the AR – in an article, a publication, an exhibition, etc. Who should I speak to?
We don't have a dedicated reproductions or archive team, but requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please drop a line to Editorial Assistant Elise Limon at .
• I have a question about the magazine, its content or the AR archive. Who can I get in touch with?
If you are trying to locate a specific article or building covered in the AR we recommend using the . If you would like to email us, you can find contact details for the full AR team, including the editors, . We receive a lot of pitches from writers and emails with information about projects from architects – we are not able to respond to every single one, but will certainly get back to you if we are interested in finding out more.
• Do I have to buy a subscription if I only want one specific issue?
Single issues are available for purchase on our .
• If an issue is not available on your shop, where can I get it?
All our subscription packages include access to archived issues online. By you will have digital access to issues that are no longer available to buy on our shop.
• What do you do with my personal information?
• How do I change the delivery address for my AR subscription?
To change your delivery address, please first and go to My account > Manage subscription > Personal details. Here you can edit your details and update your address. Please make sure you save your preferences and your account will be updated.
• Why should I register on the website if I am a paid subscriber?
In order to access all the subscriber-only content on the website, you need to activate your online account. Firstly, if you haven’t already done it, you will need to register on the website. You can do this at . To register, first enter your subscriber number and your surname (exactly as it appears on the wrapper/label on your magazine subscription copy) and then complete the registration form. If you cannot find your subscription number, please contact our team or call +44 (0)20 3953 2000.
• How do I find my subscriber number?
Your subscriber number is a 10-digit number which is used to identify both you and your subscription. It can be found on any email or written correspondence we have sent you, or on the wrapper/label of your subscription copy.
• I’ve forgotten my password. How do I find it?
When , you will find a ‘forgotten password’ link under the password box. Click on this and then fill in the email address you used when registering on the site. We will send you an email allowing you to reset your password. If the email does not arrive, please remember to check your "Junk" or "Spam" folders in case it has been placed there by your email system.
• I have a paid subscription and have registered with the website but am unable to access subscriber-only content. Why am I hitting the paywall?
- Firstly, check that you are the named subscriber of the magazine. If you are not and wish for the login details to be changed to your email address, please arrange for the named subscriber to contact us directly with their subscription number. Please contact or call +44 (0)20 3953 2000.
- Refresh your account by logging in and out again. This should ensure that your subscription details are up-to-date.
- Check if your subscription has lapsed. In order to check your status, please log out and log back in again, and go to your , which will show you your subscription status.
- Check that the email address you registered on the website the same as the one you used for your paid-for subscription.
- Check that your surname is entered exactly as it appears on the wrapper/label on your magazine subscription copy.
- Did you recently send in payment for a new subscription order/renewal? It may be that there has been a delay in receiving or processing your payment and subscription.
- If you are still having problems, please email or call +44 (0)203 953 2000 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm GMT).
• Can I change my email address and the password I use to access the website?
Yes. To change your email address and password, please visit to first sign in to your account. Then go to My Account > Account Settings and update your email address. Once you have done this, please email our Subscriptions Helpdesk at to advise them of your change of email address.
How can I check the details of my subscription or renew my subscription?
You can check your subscription details online at . You will need your 10-digit subscriber number to access your account. Alternatively, please contact or call +44 (0)1604 828705.
When I go back to use the website again, I have been logged out. Why?
Something is probably blocking your cookies. Please check your browser settings, and any firewall or spyware software you may have installed. Please also remember to click ‘Remember me’ as this should help avoid this problem in future.
Why do I need cookies enabled?
I signed up to receive your free newsletters, but I am not receiving them. Why?
Please check you have provided us with your correct email address. To check which e-mail address you are registered with, sign in to your account and go to My Account > Account Settings. If your details here are correct, we suggest you check your mailbox settings to see if the newsletters are being pushed into ‘junk’ mail or if your mailbox is full. To avoid the newsletters being treated as spam, it may help to add the email address to your address book. If you are still experiencing problems, we suggest you then contact your own email service provider.
How do I unsubscribe from your newsletters?
Please first to the website and go to My Account > Newsletters. Simply un-tick the ones you no longer wish to receive and click ‘submit’. If this does not enable to you to unsubscribe, please contact or call +44 (0)203 953 2000.
If you haven’t found the answer to your question, please scroll back up to the top of this page and drop a line to the Subscription Helpdesk, Corporate Helpdesk or Customer Services. Alternatively, find contact details for the full AR team .