AR House Entry Deadline Extended: 10 May
The deadline for entries to The Architectural Review’s competition for the best one-off house has been extended to the 10th of May
The private house occupies a unique position both in the history of architecture, individuality and human imagination. Beyond its core function of shelter, it is a home to its inhabitant, a place to hide away from the outside, it is an object of privacy, a source of delight and a special charm. From Le Corbusier to Rem Koolhaas, the transformation and personality of the house is forever changing due to the continuing technology development and shifts in human behaviour.
A house is something virtually all architects tackle at some stage in their careers and is still an important path for young designers to take. Regardless of scale, site, programme or budget, the house is a unique setting for every participant.
AR House Awards celebrate this source of creativity with a major award of £10,000 for the best one-off completed house. Last year’s winner was Jon Lin, Department of Architecture University for his House for All Seasons in Shijia Villange, Shaanxi Province, China. See all the 2012 AR House award winners.
- To be in with a chance of winning up to £10,000 prize money
- Join the architectural elite who are proud owners of AR House Awards
- Get your work recognised by a panel of distinguished, international judges
- Have the opportunity to be published in the Architectural Review’s House edition
- Be a part of the on-going history of outstanding house designers
- Receive global PR coverage by appearing on the Architectural Review’s website
- All entries will be permanently listed on the AR World House Showcase on the AR website
- All entrants will receive a free pass to the AR House conference (further details to be announced)
This year we are making the entry process as easy as possible for you. For a small fee of £37 + VAT we will be able to arrange printing and delivery of your boards, for more details please contact Francesca.email@example.com.
Judging & Criteria
Entries will be judged by a distinguished international jury chaired by AR Editor Catherine Slessor. Please note that we have a new jury for 2013, and thus advise past entrants to resubmit their projects for a new set of critics with different approaches. Only built projects are eligible. Winning and commended schemes will be published in a special issue of the Architectural Review this July. Winning entries will also be displayed at the awards exhibition.
Extended deadline for submissions: 10 May 2013
Need help with your entry? Contact our award entry expert, Francesca Verdusco on +44 (0)20 3033 2660 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write the next chapter in the history of the house and enter now.
We look forward to seeing your entries and wish you the best of Luck.